Jasper in January is a great time to discover Jasper National Park in the winter. We’re known for our stunning mountain scenery, friendly town and some of the best Rocky Mountain skiing and snowboarding Canada has to offer. In January, we add to this with Discounted Lift Tickets, Awesome Accommodation Deals, & Fantastic Events!
Three Themed Weeks of Fun!
Signature events this year include:
• Lessons on the Lawn
• Arts on Ice
• Wine in Winter
• ATCO Street Party with Red Bull winch
• Chili Cook Off
• Ski & Snowboard Demo Days
• Hops & Scotch
• Just for Laughs
Ski & Snowboard Events!
- January 15, 22, 29 & 30 || 6:00-8:00pm || Give snowboarding or skiing a try for free on the Jasper Information Centre lawn. You’ll find a gentle slope that’s perfect for first timers, along with rental equipment and instructors to introduce you to these two great winter sports.
- January 17 || 10:00am || Celebrate WORLD SNOW DAY with Free Skiing or Snowboarding lessons on the lawn! Join us on the Jasper Information Centre lawn where you’ll find a gentle slope that’s perfect for first timers, along with rental equipment and instructors to introduce you to these two great winter sports.
- Saturday, January 16 || 10:00am-4:00pm || Join Parks Canada Public Safety Specialists and Marmot Basin Safety Patrol for avalanche awareness talks, complete with search dog and explosives demonstrations.
- January 16 and 17 || Come on up to Marmot Basin for Demo Days and try out some of the latest ski and snowboard gear.
- January 27 || Enjoy a Seniors Tea at Marmot Basin
- January 30 || Hunt around the Mountain for clues in this fun Scavenger Hunt - great for the whole family!
- January 30 || Come on up to Marmot Basin for Demo Days and try out some of the latest ski and snowboard gear.
- January 31 || Party it up with a Rail Jam in the mini park.
Jasper in January Deals!
Jasper in January is a financially friendly time to visit. From January 16 to 31, 2016, we are offering great deals on Lift Tickets!
- Adults (ages 18-64) can pick up a day pass for only $66.75
- Youths (ages 13-17), Full-Time Students (ages 18-24) & Seniors (ages 65-79) also pay only $66.75 for a day pass and only $60.50 for Morning or Afternoon lift tickets!
Many of Jasper’s hotels and motels also offer Great Jasper in January Discounts on accommodation during the festival.
There is no excuse - Join us in Jasper and at Marmot Basin as we celebrate Winter and enjoy everything Jasper has to offer during the Jasper in January Festival! See you on the slopes!