Wow... it is hard to believe the 2014/15 Season has come to a close already!
Unlike much of Western Canada this season, Jasper and Marmot Basin enjoyed great snowfalls and consistent temperatures all season. It was an above average snow year with 470 cm of snow and a consistent base of well over a metre all season long. (We closed with a settled snowpack of 119 cm!)
Some of the highlights of this season include:
- 80 cm falling the last week of November.
- December 4th - Earliest opening of the Knob Chair in recent history.
- 30 cm on December 12th
- Jasper in January Festival with discounted lift tickets and awesome events!
- Consistently snowy weekends. January/February saw 5 weekends in a row with over 10 cm of powder!
- Snow for Easter & Spring break!text-left
Almost 30 cm fell Easter week.
- Fun April Events including the Aloha Cup, Kokanee Freeride and our...
Final Weekend Celebrations
We kicked off the weekend with a Dual Slalom/Fat Bike Relay near Mid-Mountain. Skiers and snowboarders raced through a short Dual Slalom course on the bottom of Highway 16 then tagged their team mate who completed 2 laps of a course below the Head Wall. Competitors and spectators alike enjoyed the beautiful sunny day, watching Jasper the Bear getting involved and all the relay action!
Final Results were:
1st: Jack Bennet & Graham Swann
2nd: George Henderson & Logan Urie
3rd: Ben Lameris & Kyle Henderson
4th: Chris Peel & Sam Leblanc
Our final day of the 2014/15 Season was Retro Day! The mountain was awash with people dressed in retro clothing, along with all sorts of other styles and funky looks! 30 competitors modeled their outfits for the Judges at Mid-Mountain to the delight of the gathered crowd.
1st: Bernie Kreiner
2nd: Ian Whamond
Tied 3rd: Jason Benvie & Reegan Fraser
Thank you to everyone who joined us at Marmot Basin this season! We look forward to seeing you back here in November 2015!